What Does Lean Software Development Mean For Testers?
September 11 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am MDTFree
Lean has taken over software development. From Agile to DevOps, Lean manufacturing principles and practices as they apply to software development are everywhere. Yet, many software development teams do not grasp the implications of Lean and most do not see it applying to their team.
In this webinar we will get a full understanding of what Lean is and how it applies to software development today. We will particularly focus on the impact Lean has on Quality and Testing.
- An understanding of “lean”.
- The Lean impact on Agile thinking behind DevOps.
- Understand Lean practices are present (and common) although you may not know they are Lean.
- New understanding of Lean and Quality.
- Development practices, like DevOps, are fully reliant on not only understanding Lean but implementing Lean practices at every level.
- Team Culture changes with Lean.
Michael Hackett – Sr. VP, LogiGear Corp
Michael Hackett heads the Training, Consulting, and Publishing Division. Michael has over two dozen years of experience with software engineering and testing in banking, securities, healthcare and consumer electronics. Michael is a Certified Scrum Master and holds a B.S. in Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University. He has been a regular instructor at the University of California Santa Cruz and Berkeley Extension, Hong Kong Technical University, University of DaNang and Hoa Sen University and the Software Productivity Centre in Vancouver. His has trained teams in 16 countries. He has co-authored two books: Testing Applications on the Web and Global Software Test Automation.
Facebook: Michael Hackett
LinkedIn: Michael Hackett
Past Events: STPCon, VistaCon, IEEE International Conference on Global Software Engineering, VNITO Vietnam IT Organization Conference