Recorded June 28, 2017
When done properly, Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) can drastically improve the communication and understanding of requirements. An additional benefit is being able to utilize the domain-specific language of the requirements to drive test automation. However, like any other automation initiative, when done poorly, this too can fail.
In this webinar, Angie Jones provides a hands-on technical look into how to:
- utilize Gherkin-written scenarios for test automation
- write scenarios in a way that promote maintainability and reusability
- take advantage of advanced Gherkin functionality such as data tables and objects
- tie the scenarios to automation code
- incorporate this approach into existing automation frameworks that use the page object model design pattern
- share state across multiple steps within a scenario
Upon completion of this webinar, you’ll have a better understanding of how to:
- Enhance your BDD initiative with test automation
- Cleanly extend an automation framework to support executable requirement specifications
- Support advanced techniques such as data tables and objects within specifications, as well as sharing state through dependency injection.
Angie Jones is a Senior Software Engineer in Test at Twitter who has developed automation strategies and frameworks for countless software products. As a Master Inventor, she is known for her innovative and out-of-the-box thinking style which has resulted in more than 20 patented inventions in the US and China. Angie shares her wealth of knowledge by speaking and teaching at software conferences all over the world.